Happy Spring! y’all.
Not only is it Spring! (my favorite season — not an original comment) but it is also a big day in history:
- 1852 – Harriet Beecher Stowe’s Uncle Tom’s Cabin is published.
- 1916 – Albert Einstein publishes his theory of relativity.
- 1928 – Mr. Rogers is born
- 1969 – John Lennon and Yoko Ono get married.
- 2003 – In the early hours of the morning, the United States and three other countries begin military operations in Iraq.
And last but not least. In fact, most important of all, if you ask me (and isn’t that why you’re all reading — to hear what I think is most important?): Mira and Skyler were born 5 years ago today. Happy birthday to our patron saints. Our fashion consultants. Our spiritual guides. Our developmental benchmarkers. And our best friends. We wish you cake-covered faces, wind in your hair, play-doh in your fingers and hugs that make you stop breathing for a second.
Now (a couple of months ago, actually, but you get the idea).
We love y’all.
Now. The rest of y’all. Go outside and breathe yourself some new Spring! air.