As you may know, in addition to LEAP, I am also a co-founder of Kirtsy, a website where you can find some of the coolest things you ever saw online.
The past few weeks, the Kirtsy team has been working like crazy on a big party that we’re throwing with BlogHer at their conference next week, and friends? It is going to be the raddest party ever! The event actually has an official name, and it’s a mouthful: BlogHer 2010 Voices of the Year Gala and Art Auction Curated by Kirtsy.
So we’ve been calling it the BlogHer Kirtsy Party instead.
Are you going to BlogHer this year? You are? Awesome! You’re invited! And you’re a VIP. No joke. Every single person who is going to BlogHer is officially invited to this partay. And every single person is important. Very important.
I don’t want to reveal all the awesomeness that will happen, because if you’re coming, I want you to be surprised, but here are some hints:
– In one section there will be type of performance art. By bloggers like Jenny of The Bloggess. I’m not even kidding.
– In another section, bloggers like Karen of Chookooloonks (and maybe me too!) will be wielding a paint brush. You won’t want to miss it, I promise.
– Throughout the party there will be an Art Exhibit with artwork and photography from 90 of your favorite bloggers — including superstars like Ree of Pioneer Woman. And each of these art pieces were created with the 90 winning Voices of the Year blog posts as inspiration. Which means: this party might be your best chance to meet some of your favorite blog stars. Blog Stars who will be at the party, checking out their words and artwork on display.
– There will be music. There will be food. There will be drinks. There will be cool photo ops. And there will be a dozen different ways for you to add your own voice to this Voices of the Year Gala.
– Also. During the Gala and Art Auction, there won’t actually be an auction. The auction part will happen a few weeks after BlogHer is over. It will be held online and everyone will have access to it — even if they didn’t attend BlogHer. All proceeds will go to the Nature Conservancy to assist with Gulf Cleanup. Fabulous, right?
At BlogHer, there has always been a big Friday Night party after the Community Keynote and it’s always been a lot of fun. But I’m telling you, this is a completely new event. We were so determined to break the mold that we pulled in the awesome Jordan of Oh Happy Day to help. And friends, she is an event genius. It’s going to blow your mind. And your head. And your brain.
So the takeaway is this: when you’re sitting there analyzing the list of things to do at BlogHer on Friday night, be sure to put the Gala at the top of your list.
P.S. One more thing. Are you going to the party? Are you being honored at the party? Fantastic! Pick up some blog bling here (scroll down once you get to the page).