I know I know. You’re all sick to death of hearing about Harry Potter. But here I am. With more. Sorry.
At this point, 2 days after the release of the final book in the Harry Potter series, it seems to me we humans fall into 4 camps:
- Got on line at midnight; bought book; read book for 7 hours straight; finished book; are alternately depressed that “it’s all over” and desperate for others to finish book so you can discuss it and keep it alive, for the love of pete.
- Waited til the hubbub died down and bought the book today.
- Meh. The book’s not going anywhere, I’ll read it eventually.
- Harry who what’s that? (With a nod to Mango)
If you’re like me and are bemoaning your inability to remember all the details of books 1-6, you can do one of two things:
- Reread books 1-6 before launching book 7. That’s what I did last year, before reading book 6. But I didn’t have the wherewithal to do it this year. Plus I was reading Water for Elephants and I wasn’t about to interrupt that.
- Visit SparkNotes and read a great summary of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. While you’re at it, maybe you’ll want to read the summaries of the other five books as well.
That’s all I wanted to say. As you were.